Piled high in a field on the top of a hill there is a mass of tangled, rusting wire and twisted metal poles that oscillate and whistle as the wind blows.
There is a giant wire sculpture on the roof of the Tàpies Foundation in Barcelona by the Catalan artist Antoni Tàpies – the work is called Cloud and Chair.
Wire: man made, hard but malleable, made from iron (steel). Iron is the Chinese element linked to autumn, and lungs; air is associated with qi (chi): life, energy and breath.
Wire & Wind, the sound-work, unfolds, entangles and disentangles these elements, these ideas and images within musical structures.
- INTIME @ the Noisefloor Festival, Stafford University, 4th May 2012
- Selected for the Toronto Electroacoustic Symposium, August, 2012. At the Artscape, Wychtwood Barns, Toronto, Canada
- The International Computer Music Conference 2012, September 2012, Ljubljana, Slovenia.
- Wire & Wind (5.1) – played at iFIMPaC (Leeds International Festival for Innovations in Music Production and Composition) December 13/14, 2012
- Performed at Sonorities 2013, Queens University Belfast 27th April 2013